In the first place, don’t get me wrong. I don’t vote. At all. Political parties put me off (especially if they cost as much as the ANC 100-year-party). Show me a politician and I show you how he’s broken the law. Yuck.
But this is a prime piece of biased reporting:
In it, “WickedMike” goes to town about the R700 000 legal fees the DA wants to “socialize” into taxes.
Really, R700 000? (Some lawyer made good money – but not as much as some.)
Let’s put this in perspective. To make this visible and more understandible, let’s say one rand is a millimetre.
1) DA legal fees: R700 000
2) ANC 100-year party: 100 million
3) Nkandla palatial home-“village” for president and family: 246million
4) SANRAL e-tolling project: 20 billion. (and counting)
If one rand were a millimetre:
1) DA: 700m or the 10-min walk to your nearest shops.
2) ANC 100-yr party: 100km or from Joburg to Rustenburg
3) Nkandla: 246km or from Joburg to Pietersburg (Polokwane)
4) SANRAL: 20 million km or halfway to Venus.
You mind being taxed a ten-minute walk to the shops but are quite ok with having to travel halfway to Venus??
You’d rather go with a government that sends you to Rustenburg and Polokwane on a whim (for a party and luxuries of theirs), and deep into space for their profits?
Go figure, I really can’t understand some paid reporters.